Friday, March 25, 2005

Good Friday Evening

The sun is setting here in Dallas.
Good Friday...
In my minds eye I try to picture the three crosses on top of the hill. I try to picture that sunset over 2000 years ago. The magnificent colors. I can only imagine the sound of Mary, crying. The way only a mother can cry at the loss of a child. The very sound piercing my soul at the core.
There is no way possible for me to feel what it must have been like. The sounds, the site of it all, the smell. Some two thousand years ago.
Just like I can't imagine what heaven will be like or how much love a God who sent his son to take my place must have. I can't imagine that Friday.
Thankfully, I don't have to imagine...
The rest of the story.
I've read the last chapter, the last page and the last word...
I look forward to hearing those words Sunday morning, at God's house.
How I treasure Easter Sunday in my heart.
Have a wonderful Easter. Celebrate the holiday by inspiring others around you.
God Bless,
Tim

1 Comments:

At April 1, 2005 at 2:18 AM, Blogger Susan said...

I know the feeling of losing a son. I still remember my voice screeching "no, oh, my God, no-o!" Over & over again I screamed as the Chaplin from the Fire Dept tried to calm me down. He was only 19, too young to die! I was not there when his heart beat for the last time. The coroner said he didn't suffer, I'm thankful for that. Mary must have been a very strong woman, I couldn't have taken it as she did. Many from my church, family & friends call me a strong woman. I know it is the love of my Father for me that keeps me strong, knowing that my son is in the arms of the Savior gives me hope for the future of seeing him again. I try to be patient, but I miss him so much. . . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home